Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Even my grandpa...

It's gotten to the point where even my hardcore liberal grandfather is questioning Obama- that is HUGE for anyone who knows the man (how he had extremely conservative children and grandchildren is still a mystery, yes).

Question: Does anyone my age understand what Cap and Trade is or its implications? What about the agreement Obie's making with the Russians or the deals he's pulling out of his hat...I mean our pockets... for nationalized healthcare (IOW- paying for your lazy neighbor to have healthcare on top of already paying for his mortgage and credit card bills in addition to our own...wait, we're too smart to have credit cards...so just our neighbors dinner at the great steakhouse down the street that we're too well-balanced to visit)? How about the suggestions that our currency be replaced as the global leader? Our dollar is doomed - because no matter how much we can print up, it will never make sense to do so or ever reach the point of sustainability. Are you scared yet? Does this make you want to go out and learn something about what's really going on (and no, don't let mainstream media fool you with ignoring the issues or diverting your attention with who was or was not at MJ's funeral).

I heard of a poll cited recently of my age group (to age 30) where people were asked which type of system is the best - Capitalism, Socialism, or Unsure. It was evenly divided among the 3. Are you kidding me- you're really unsure or are on the side of socialism? I mean, really?

I'm not obsessed with politics right now b/c it's fun for me or that I enjoy getting a rise out of the absolutely inane things that we're letting our government get away with (yes, even during the Bush years) - I'm a mother now and I want what is best for my children. My question is - where in the world are all of the other mothers and families wanting to fight against this tidal wave of corruption and deception? If we don't even understand what's going on in our own country or to do with our own freedoms...how well do we think that'll bode for our children?

Didn't we just celebrate a holiday of freedom and independence? This time next year it'll be celebrating dependence... on the government... literally (if the fireworks and their harmful emissions don't get banned or 'capped' by then that is).

No comments: