Monday, April 21, 2008

I love my life

How could life be better? I love my family - even Harley and Moose. My husband is wonderful, my baby is wonderful, my life is wonderful. I am a very contented woman. There are things I want and long for that will come in time, I can wait, I'm learning patience very quickly - but I have all the things I'll ever need now (well, more children to come)! I am a lucky woman, I have a great life.

Mark and I just gave a talk yesterday in our ward from this past General Conference. Mark's was about procrastination and living your life now and mine was about the talk by Elder BAllard, "Daughters of God'. I pulled a little of Sister Becks talk from the conference before this last one into it ('Mothers Who Know'). I am so grateful to be a stay-at-home mom - I would hate to have to leave Slade and not know what he is up to every second of the day! He is such a happy littlg guy these days (now that the teething has stopped...for the moment I'm sure) - and is such an easy smiler! My sister calls him the Chinaman when he smiles b/c his eyes almost disappear (sorry if that's not pc to some of you :). Daddy makes him laugh like crazy with all of his silly games and his laugh is so adorable! Sometimes he'll start laughing before Mark even touches him b/c of the anticipation- Mark says he's all about the build up! Anyhow, Slade was great with Grandma and Aunt Katie and Uncle Ryan while we gave our talks. He's very fascinated with the 'toys' that come out of Grandma's bag- truthfully so was I. I've never known so much of an odd collection of items (a plastic tsp measurer, christmas hand lotion, little books) could all fit into a scripture bag.

Oh yeah, Slade also got his first total 'mom's haircut! I tried to cut his hair from behind while he played with toys. When I went to investigate my work I found Floyd from Dumb and Dumber! Seriously, Mark called him Floyd and laughed every time he looks at him. I broke down and took him to Cookie Cutters - a kids haircutting place just up the street. They did a great job and now I can spike up his hair in the front , soooo cute! I took about fifty pictures of him sitting in the toy car while the stylist was cutting his hair. What a stud. I'll post pics soon.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Love you all!



2 comments:

kelli said...

Liz,
It is a small World. Mark and I did go to High school together. That is funny that I talked to you at Candice's shower. Mark was always such a nice kid!(Hi Mark!) Anyway, did you guys come to the reunion this year? Also, does Mark remember Kari Jackson and Beau Stander. (They were school mates of ours that got married) Anyway, Kari and I were and are very good friends, and we now work together, and Mark and Beau were pretty good friends, so I wonder if you guys keep in contact with them too? Glad you left a comment on my blog!

Standita's said...

Well hello Liz!
I just found your blog through Kelli's...Slade IS ADORABLE!! We will have to get together very soon it's been too long. Life always gets in the way doesn't it? Talk to you soon.