Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Best Tank Tops EVER!

Just thought I'd share this as I've been on a quest to find the best tank tops to go under my T-shirts yet over my G's. Since I began nursing my chest has taken on a whole new dimension that has caused my wardrobe to change functionality as well. (I have posted this post on our Moms Club website but felt the need to share with one and all!)
Though my husband is pleased with my new dimensions we are both not pleased with the exposure to daylight my 'ladies' see on a regular basis due to my shirts not providing the coverage they once did for more of a flat-ish surface. My shirts are still ok, they just need some additional coverage one step down and I've been on the hunt for just the solution for awhile now. I wanted the chest coverage as well as the shoulder straps to provide adequate coverage for G's but not too stifling for my poor armpits (I'll admit my pits don't perform well when they are stifled!). I was also looking for a tank that would provide longer coverage over my pants so as to create a new dimension there as well to detract the eye from my still sagging baby gut. I'm now pleased to share with you a nice find that fits the bill for those of you who may be on this same hunt as well...
I've tried the Down East tanks - did NOT like their sizing or coverage claims to fame. I've tried cheapies at Wal-Mart and got just that...cheapies. I've tried Victoria Secret...and let's just say they weren't developed to provide coverage. I've tried Old Navy and the material was just too heavy and would stretch out. Carrying my huge chubby child around often further aggravates the problem and exposes more of my un-exposables! I've tried several various places all to no avail....until Target. Oh wonderful Target!!! They have tanks of various colors on sale for $8 right now that are wonderful. The fabric is soft and not stifling or heavy, yet holds (I think has some spandex in it). The pits are carefree yet the G's stay covered with no frequent adjustments throughout the day from me! It also covers the ladies with no hint of trashiness. The size and length are PERFECT. I bought 3 and have great plans for them (thinking of going back for more!)! I've washed them and no problems in that department either! Check me out when you get a chance, I'm sure I'll be sporting one! Oh what freedom and relief!

Ok, so this is a long post about tank tops, but I feel like writing something right now (I'm taking Elder Ballard's advice and getting back into some of my hobbies) and figured I'd share with you all my wonderful find in hopes of helping another chesty soul out there to find some summer relief!

2 comments:

amelia said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I seriously need some good, long tanks.

Christie said...

Oh how I love Target..