Despite the exercise and watching what I ate I wasn't noticing any differences in weight loss or muscle gain, but I've now found a very effective medley for losing unwanted pounds!
First you get pregnant, wait 6 weeks for the nausea to hit and lose about 10 lbs. Then get a stomach bug, lose another 5. Once you gained back a little just get another stinking stomach bug and lose the 5 again!
I am so sick of being sick!!! I am achy and have pains and have residual sickness from my recent bought with the darn stomach bug that is plaguing households all over UT! My son has been suffering all week and is now developing new symptoms and now my husband has contracted some form of it that is reeking its own havoc on him! Being pregnant, tired, constantly sick, and now emotionally drained and a little peeved has turned me into a very un-fun mom!
Why God, is pregnancy so torturous and do we women have to suffer so? All the aches and pains of pregnancy only to be followed by a saggy belly, unsightly stretch marks, and a little human who needs you 24/7 leaving you with serious lack of sleep, sore boobs, and someone else who doesn't care what kind of day you're having....why did I just do this to myself again?
YES, I still have quite a ways to go with correcting my extremely selfish tendencies (and maybe this is a little bit of the FUN pregnancy hormones talking right now)! You'd be surprised at the progress I've made. Ah, my poor children!
P.S. I'm also SICK of this cold weather- I have very few maternity clothes that work with cold weather and it needs to be over anyway!
4 comments:
Liz.. I'm sorry you've had illness on top of the pregnancy blahs. I hope you feel better soon.. let us know if we can help. We're finally coming out of our bout with respiratory illness around here.. hoping to skip the stomach bug(although I could use the weightloss)!
Feel better. We are lucky that we got the nasty bug at the beginning of the season. Ugh, hopefully you stay sick free!
OH MY GOSH CONGRATULATIONS! I'm the worst friend ever. I've been hiding out in busy season. So, when Spence isn't napping I'm absolutely glued to work. Sigh. Anyway, any way we can attempt at doing lunch before that baby comes?? :)
Thanks guys, I'm just being a big boob. Things are looking up for us, sickness is disappearing, weight is coming back :(- even the weather is becoming lovely!
Candice- I can always make myself available :) Just let me know. Hope things slow down for you soon - give Spence a big kiss for me.
Post a Comment