Ok, this may seem in contrast to my most recent post, but I assure you that it is written with the most Christlike spirit available to me at this point in time....
Mark and I have an ongoing argument that there is no such thing as an ugly baby. Now, I have seen quite a few in my day and time but Mark swears they're all cute- in that baby way. I say they are ugly babies but they grow so quickly some really grow into their looks some don't for awhile... some are ridiculously cute babies who turn into the opposite as adults or just stay ridiculously good-looking forever (lucky devils!). Either way it works out ok in the end b/c girls just dress cute, hit the gymn, and wear gobs of makeup- problem solved. Guys- well, doesn't really matter what you do (fat, jobless, overwhelmingly hairy, momma's boy, stay-at-home dad wannabe, whatever...) b/c you'll always be able to find a girl, we are just the overwhelming majority- esp. in UT.
But let's hear what you have to say - is there such thing as an ugly baby or not? (yes, I am aware they are all beautiful in the eyes of God, this isn't a judgmental thing, just a curiousity thing...no names okay?!?)
5 comments:
Liz, I'm on your side on this one. There are DEFINITELY ugly babies in the world. I saw a baby the other day that had a conehead, and his face looked like it had been smashed with a frying pan. I don't think you are being judgmental in saying that, just truthful. But you are right, I think, about growing into their looks. There is a baby in our ward who was really ugly when he was born. He had an adult face on a baby body. But six months later, he is really cute. He just needed to grow into his face. I'm still waiting to grow into my head, but alas, it may never happen... :)
Definitely ugly babies exist! Especially the first little while when they kind of look like aliens. I just always think of that Seinfeld episode where their friend wants them to come see the "Baayyybeeee" and Kramer's reaction is classic....what we all wish we could do when confronted with the same!
Liz - You are right on track. Ugly babies make me feel incredibly awkward because you know in your heart you are flat out lying to a friend/family member when telling them their baby is cute. The strange part to me is that sometimes the parents are darling, but still have an ugly baby....how does that work?!
oh, yeah there are ugly babies. Beccas baby is really unfortunate looking right now. I've been shoving pictures of her under Megan's nose to startle her.
(the cchild is VERY unfortunate looking) but I say that if your going to ugly it's better as a child because people cut you more slack.
I may be the only one who agrees with Mark that, in a baby way, they all have some cute aspect. Just the fact that they're a baby makes them cute...now where they fall on the cuteness scale varies, haha.
Post a Comment